Dirty Dryer Vents: Breathing in Danger
- Posted by ziad
- On March 15, 2023
- 0 Comments
- cleaning, dryer fires, dryer vent cleaning, Dryer vent hose, dryer vents, every dryer, safety, signs, vent, vents
Dirty dryer vents can have a major negative impact on physical health. Dust, mold, and other allergens can build up in ductwork. These allergens circulate throughout the house, which can trigger many potential health issues.
Health Issues of Dirty Dryer Vents
These issues vary from increased risks of general or specific infections, respiratory problems, and poor air quality:
- Respiratory problems: the dirty dryer vents can harbor dust, dirt, allergens, and other particles. These particles circulate through the air, and residents inhale them leading to respiratory problems such as coughing, wheezing, and shortness of breath. Also, people with asthma or allergies may be particularly sensitive to these particles.
- Increased risk of infections: dirty dryer vents can also harbor bacteria, viruses, and other microorganisms that increase the risk of infections, such as colds, flu, and pneumonia.
- Irritated eyes and skin: Dust and other particles that accumulate in dryer vents can also irritate the eyes and skin, leading to itching, redness, and other discomforts.
- Poor indoor air quality: dirty dryer vents can contribute to poor indoor air quality that has been linked to headaches, fatigue, and even cognitive problems.
In addition, dirty dryer vents can also lead to inefficient heating and cooling, and increased energy bills.
Therefore, if you or someone in your family suffers from allergies or asthma, it’s especially important to keep dryer vents clean. Even if you don’t have any health problems, though, it’s still a good idea to clean your dryer vents to help improve home’s air quality.
To sum up, dirty dryer vents can have several negative effects on physical health, so it’s important to have air ducts cleaned regularly to reduce these risks.
Every Dryer team of professionals will sweep clean your dryer vent and the problems that come with it providing the best quality with affordable prices.