- Posted by Anna
- On March 29, 2023
- 0 Comments
- dryer vent cleaning, dryer vent cleaning ottawa, high dryer vent cleaning
If you want your home to be free from bacteria and other things that can affect the quality of the air, it is very important that you pay special attention to your duct disinfecting treatment. Finding the best treatment for your air ducts is not just about keeping them clean but also going the extra mile by requesting duct disinfecting services.
Disinfecting and deodorizing ductwork involves the following steps:
- Inspect the ductwork to ensure there are no leaks, damage, or disconnected joints. Repair any issues to prevent contaminated air from entering the living space.
- Use a disinfecting cleaner or oxidizing biocide treatment on the inside of the ductwork. These treatments kill bacteria, mold, and other microbes in the ductwork. Apply the treatment with a fogger or sprayer, then run the HVAC system to circulate it throughout the ductwork.
- For odors, use an aerosol ductwork deodorizer or place ductwork odor removal packets inside the vents. Baking soda is a natural deodorizer – pour it into socks or mesh bags and place inside vents to absorb and neutralize odors. Run the fan to circulate the deodorizer throughout the ductwork.
- Also,As an alternative, you can have the ductwork professionally cleaned using high-pressure air tools and vacuum equipment. The contractor can also apply a disinfectant and deodorizer treatment as part of the cleaning service to sanitize and deodorize the ductwork. Professional cleaning is typically more effective than DIY methods.
- Finally,For best results, change filters, clean registers, and disinfect/deodorize ductwork every 3-6 months or as needed to keep your HVAC system clean and prevent the buildup of allergens, germs, and odors.