How Much Does a Dryer Vent Cleaning Cost?
- Posted by admin
- On September 9, 2022
- 0 Comments
- dryer vent cleaning, Dryer vent hose, dryer vents, every dryer
Dryer vent cleaning costs between $101 and $176, or $138 on average. As you use your clothes dryer, the vents collect a lot of lint, hair, and other debris. If you forget to remove the lint, it can eventually clog the dryer vents and ducts and create a fire hazard.
Overview and the Importance of Dryer Vent Duct Cleaning
The buildup of lint inside your dryer vent is inevitable. Moist air leaving the dryer coats the inside of the vent duct or pipe, and it easily collects lint and other debris. There are serious problems that commonly occur:
Clothes take longer to dry when the pathway for the moist air to leave the dryer is partially or fully blocked.
Cost of Professional Dryer Vent Cleaning
The cost of cleaning the dryer vent can change significantly based on what the professionals have to remove. Professionals won’t charge much if you’re just asking them to remove lint and debris. The accumulation of lint and debris may have caused a blockage inside the dryer vent. The professionals will remove the blockage so the vent can start dumping the air outside again. The job is fairly straightforward at that point so the professionals won’t charge extra.
Average Pricing – What you are paying for
Dryer vents need cleaning frequently and this can rack up costs, but how much? Dryer vent cleaning costs are relatively low, especially when compared to the cost of the implications of not cleaning them at all. Damage repair costs far exceed frequent dryer vent cleaning. If you burn down your house, you might have to pay over $100,000 in repairs as most insurance companies don’t cover dryer vent fires. Let’s get down to basics and discuss how much it costs to have your dryer vents cleaned.
Dryer vent cleaning cost
The average cost of dryer vent cleaning is $80 to $185. Roof dryer duct cleaning costs $150 to $250. Dryer duct cleaning with bird nest removal costs $120 to $250. Dryer Vent Wizard services cost $60 to $240 to clean dryer vents. A professional dryer vent inspection costs $30 to $60.
Dryer Duct Cleaning Service Cost Details
A few basic factors determine your clothes dryer vent cleaning price.
- Vent Location – One dryer vent cleaning company charges a standard fee for basement and first-floor vents, $25 more for second-floor vents and $35 extra for roof vents. That’s a typical pricing schedule based on location. If the vent is under a deck and being cleaned from outside, expect a higher cost estimate for cleaning.
- Vent Length – Longer vent ducts take more time to clean, so cost goes up.
- Coil-type or Sheet Metal – The wire coil ducts covered with foil or plastic are harder to clean because lint and debris must be removed from all the crevices. They are also easier to break, so extra care must be taken. For these reasons, cost is higher.
- 90-Degree Turns – Most vents have one turn. When there are more turns, the work takes longer, raising the cost estimate.
- Bird’s Nest, Rodents or Insects – Dryer vent cleaners report all sorts of infestations in ductwork. These cause the price to rise by as much as 100% or more.
- Where you Live – Clothes dryer vent cleaning prices follow the cost of living. It is higher in AK, HI and major metropolitan areas, especially in the Northeast and Northwest. It is lowest in small towns and rural areas of the Midwest and South.