Dryer Frequent Cleaning
- Posted by Anna
- On March 27, 2023
- 0 Comments
- cleaning, dryer fires, dryer vent cleaning, Dryer vent hose, every dryer, safety, signs, vent, vents
A good rule of thumb is to have your dryer exhaust vents cleaned by a professional at least once per year. However, if you have a household that uses your dryer often, one with a lot of children, you may want to consider dryer frequent cleaning of the vent to every six months
It’s important to regularly clean dryer vents for several reasons:
- Clogged dryer vents can reduce airflow and cause the dryer to take longer to dry clothes and overheat.
- Lint buildup in the vent pipe is a fire hazard. Dryer lint is highly flammable, and clogs can lead to lint fires.
- Clogged vents can damage the dryer, causing parts to wear out prematurely.
It’s recommended the cleaning of your vent once a year, or more frequently if you notice reduced airflow. To clean the vent:
- Disconnect the dryer from power and pull it away from the wall to access the pipe.
- Then, use a vacuum with a long tool to clean out any lint inside the vent pipe and at the exterior opening.
- Use a leaf blower or air duster to clear out lint and debris from the exterior vent cap outside.
- re-secure the pipe to the dryer and wall and slide it back into place.
Doing a cleaning can help ensure safe and efficient operation of your dryer and reduce the risk of hazards like fires. If your vent runs a long distance or has bends, it may need more frequent cleaning.