Ultrasonic Dryer Vent Cleaning
- Posted by admin
- On July 24, 2023
- 0 Comments
- dryer vent cleaning, dryer vent cleaning ottawa, high dryer vent cleaning
As dryer lint builds up within your vent hose, airflow becomes restricted which reduces your dryer’s efficiency and may cause safety issues. While manually removing visible lint and using a vent brush are effective, ultrasonic cleaning can provide a superior level of dryer vent cleaning. The high-frequency vibrations created by ultrasonic technology can effectively loosen even stubborn, caked-on residue from vent components.
How Ultrasonic Cleaning Works
During ultrasonic cleaning, high-frequency vibrations between 16 kHz and 100 kHz are introduced into the liquid cleaning solution. These vibrations cause millions of microscopic bubbles to form and rapidly collapse, producing intense scrubbing action. When an ultrasonic wand or insert is passed through your dryer vent hose, the following occurs:
- The high-frequency vibrations agitate and penetrate any buildup of oil, grease, and lint residue within the vent.
•The scrubbing action of millions of bubbles forms eliminates lint, loosening even hardened, compacted residues.
- Particles are lifted and suspended into the solution before being removed with vacuuming.
•Also, no chemicals are required as these vibrations do the “cleaning work”. Also, warm water may be used to aid the process.
Benefits of Ultrasonic Dryer Vent Cleaning
Using high-frequency ultrasonics to clean your vent hose provides several advantages:
- Thorough cleaning – The ability of these vibrations to penetrate every crevice and surface delivers the deepest level of lint removal possible.
•Removes grease buildup – Also, this agitation can help breakup and suspend both dryer lint and oil/grease residues.
- Safe for vent material – When properly used, ultrasonics won’t damage metal or plastic vent components.
•Chemical-free- In addition, since only water and ultrasonic vibrations are used, there are no harsh chemicals that could corrode your vent over time.
While ultrasonic vent cleaning can deliver superior results, there are a few things to note:
- Requires specialty tools – You’ll need an ultrasonicgenerator and wand/insert compatiblewith yourvent size.
•Professional cleaning may be needed – For best results, consider having a professional duct cleaning company perform ultrasonic dryer vent cleaning.
•Only cleans accessible areas – Ultrasonics can’t reach buildup in tight bends or obstructions.These areasstill require manual cleaning.
In conclusion, adding ultrasonic cleaning to your dryer vent maintenance regimen can help remove years of accumulated lint, oil and grease that simple vent brushing misses.